Suna Pilates Guide: Surviving the Silly Season in Style December 15 2017
We wish you a very Merry Christmas! Here are Susie's tips for finding some calm in Christmas and enjoying the season.
1. Prioritise your wellbeing and slip in a workout!
- Running errands? Time your shopping trip so you can swing by your favourite Suna class before going home.
- Workout in the comfort of home, at the beach or the bach with our Online Pilates, butts, waists or flexiband workouts - just $15 and you can use them as many times as you want. Take Suna with you these holidays!
2. Shop smart with Suna
- Share the love with Suna vouchers and get friends and family started
- Shop online with Suna for gifts from aromatic atomisers to beautiful wellness products - we can send to you, or you can collect them at reception when you come to class, no need to visit the mall!
3. Slow it down.
Rushing simply stresses us out, which slows us down, and makes us sick. It's essential to get out of “fight or flight” mode so you can enjoy the holidays. Breathe. Remind yourself you will be ok - our bodies get confused between Christmas and Crisis. Carry Organic Rescue Spray. Eat more protein for body repair and stablised blood sugars. Laugh!
Need more help?
- Take a Sighing Breath – inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth with the loudest sign you can muster, repeat 10+ times until there are no sighs left. Sighing, like crying and singing, is a release.
- Book in for a re-set and restore session with Kinesiology. We have an amazing introductory offer on right now, so you can experience a rebalance and get the most out of Christmas.
4. Take care of tension and pain in your body
All tension and pain in your body originates with the thoughts in your head. If you believe that this time of year is always stressful, your mind will view events in a way that will seem stressful, and the body will feel it. Change your beliefs to change your world! While you are working on this, try showing your body some love with a massage, kinesiology, take a walk barefoot, and try this wonderful Magnesium Spray to ease stress, muscular tension and insomnia.
Remember to drink water. You need 1 litre of water per 25kg of body weight every day, just to dilute your body's everyday processes. Swirl the water around in your mouth before swallowing to let your system know it’s coming, so it doesn’t shoot straight through.
5. Dealing with alcohol
Hangovers are essentially dehydration plus a vitamin B6 deficiency resulting from your body getting too much sugar from the alcohol. Take back control by eating for your metabolic type, drinking more water, have a nap - and using our free Needs Testing to find out what supplements your body needs!
6. Eat well
Who doesn’t love Christmas food!!! Here are a few tips to get through the Christmas feast… Exercise before you eat to raise your metabolic rate; eat for your metabolic type, and chew slowly.