2020 - Challenging ... and Transformational.
At the risk of stating the obvious, 2020 has been a fairly traumatic year for a lot of people, with the arrival of a little virus we called covid 19. What can YOU do in a global pandemic? Actually, a lot. There has never been a better time to take action in your own life! Find out what you can do!
At the risk of stating the obvious, 2020 has been a fairly traumatic year for a lot of people, with the arrival of a little virus we called covid 19.
What can YOU do in a global pandemic?
Actually, a lot. There has never been a better time to take action in your own life!
Self care is key - and we don't mean the 'glass of Rosé and Netflix binge' level of self care. We mean radical, transformational Self Care. Rosé and Netflix may absolutely be a part of that; but it isn't enough to 'blob and indulge once in a while' and carry on as usual the rest of the time.
Radical self care means taking a strategic look at your wellbeing and your lifestyle and deciding what needs to change. It means prioritising your physical health, your emotional and mental wellbeing and your happiness!
This is the best - and most important - time to invest in your mind and body. In a climate where the news constantly has us focused on fear, it's time to focus on the positive. We have an opportunity to change the way we think about our wellbeing, right now.
Let's take responsibility for our mental and physical health, make wellbeing a priority, and 'build ourselves' better and happier better than we were before the pandemic.
In changing our priorities, we change the way we live our lives.
Steps to transformational self care may include:
- Focus on what you can do; not what you can't do. Take responsibility for your wellbeing, and make a decision right now to prioritise your mental and physical health
- Set yourself a wellbeing goal, today
- Start the day with Gratitude, and acknowledge all the good in your life
- Focus on being Present - watch your thoughts, and be aware of habits and beliefs
- Get fresh air and sun everyday; go outdoors and ground yourself in nature
- Focus on your breathing
- Stay hydrated - In general, drink 1 litre per 25 kg of body weight
- Practice great posture - change your posture, change your life
- Exercise - start with at least a walk every day and build up from there
- Rest - prioritise sleep and rest time
Make a plan for yourself to work these priorities into your day.
If you'd like more insight...
You may like to watch these 'how-to' videos from Susie and read the articles listed:
3. Create Self Care in your life
4. Understand the triggers of anxiety and depression
5. Breaking the cycle of stress and anxiety
If you need help with any of these aspects of self care, book a Kinesiology session with Susie.
We're all here to support you
We have always been 100% committed to supporting your wellbeing journeys. If anything, covid made us even more determined to be there for you in any way we can.
From switching our classes to Zoom and Online Workouts for anywhere-access to providing Personal Training, Wellbeing programmes and Instructor Training Courses online, and creating a Wellbeing Hub for members, we are doing everything we can to give you all the tools you need to be well, fit and happy - in or out of lockdown.
If you feel you need more, please reach out! We genuinely love to talk with you and will be able to explain what we can do to better support you.