Small Apparatus Roller Instructor Course by Suna Pilates
Do you want to add variety to your exercises and challenge your clients even more? Take your Pilates training to the next level and learn how to help clients sculpt, tone and strengthen their bodies by adding a Roller to your workouts.
This 3 hour course is for students who have Mat Pilates experience. Learn how to safely apply the small apparatus of the Roller to your Mat level 1 Pilates classes. A Roller is great for creating both challenge and assistance to the Mat level 1 exercises. Also, you will learn the technique of myofascial release using the roller - fantastic for releasing tight/tense bodies and helping to improve posture.
You can attend this course in our Auckland studio or online via Zoom training. If you have questions about this Pilates Instructor Training course, please email us or call 09 489 1978.
Once you graduate you will be able to:
- Successfully and safely incorporate the Roller into Pilates Mat sessions
- Understand how and why the Roller can be an important part of mat teaching
- Apply the Roller variations to exercises you already teach/know
- Analyze and correct postures with the addition of the Roller and know when use is appropriate
- Create beneficial, safe, challenging and fun sessions with the Roller
- Have a more in-depth understanding of the equipment so a class can be taught just with the Roller
Learning modules covered in this Pilates Instructor Training Course:
- Mat exercise list with roller variations
- Roller safety and use (what can/can’t we do, what we need to be aware of)
- Roller variation list
- Postural focus and injury awareness
- Running a roller Pilates session