Mat Pilates Level 1 Instructor Course by Suna Pilates
Our globally recognised Pilates Instructor Training Qualifications begin with Mat Essentials Level 1. You can complete this course in our Auckland studio or online via zoom training.
You can attend this course in our Auckland studio or online via zoom training. To register your interest simply pay your deposit, or to ask more about the this Pilates Instructor Training course, please email us directly or call 021 1801 430. A non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place, and full payment must be made one week before the course begins. There are no prerequisites for you to join this Pilates training course, as we will teach you everything you need to know.
With a Pilates Mat Qualification you can:
- Get employment in a Pilates studio (maybe even at Suna!)
- Use a Pilates qualification recognised globally - take your skills with you
- Create your own Pilates mat classes and a timetable that works for your lifestyle, teach Pilates one-on-one at home, or offer larger classes
- Work as many or as few hours as you want, with total flexibility
- If you are a health professional, this knowledge will help you support your clients with injury prevention, rehab, strengthening specific muscle groups and better body awareness.
Once you graduate you will be able to:
- Teach fundamental Mat Pilates exercises understanding the exercises theoretically and physically
- Verbalise exercises with versatility
- Correct postures, principles and exercises effectively and safely
- Modify exercises for a given client and to teach workouts specific to a clients’ needs
- Develop the knowledge and understanding which are needed to safely teach and adjust basic level Pilates classes.
Learning modules covered in this Pilates Instructor Training course:
- Pilates - Understand what Pilates is and comprehensively explain it to others
- Posture - Understand and recognize the basic postures and their corrections
- Pilates Postural Principles - Understand and teach the Pilates postural principles with some versatility to correct client posture
- Essential Mat Exercises - Understand theoretically and physically the essential Pilates Mat repertoire
- Clinical Considerations - Understand the basic issues and injuries you may come across and strategies dealing with them
- Session Construction - Understand the basic issues and injuries you may come across and strategies dealing with them
- Teaching Practices - Apply the principles to the exercises safely
Things to know
Weekend Course times: Friday 4 - 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 5pm with 30 min lunch breaks - a total 20 hours of Pilates training plus your Assessment.
Weekday Course Times: Tuesday, Wednesday 8-5:30pm.
If you choose to add half day courses when you pay for your Mat Pilates training course, you will save on your qualifications and also increase your repertoire quickly.
Mat Pilates L1 + 1 Half day course - $1415
Mat Pilates Level 1 + Level 2 courses - $1600
Mat Pilates L1 + 2 x Half day courses - $1700
Mat Pilates L1 + 4 x Half day courses - $2240
Mat Pilates L1 + Reformer Course - $3215
6 Course Certification Combo - $4391
Optional Extras with your Mat Pilates Course
Get 1 Weeks of Suna Pilates workouts FREE. Attend a 15 minute Suna Intro + Pilates Fit classes to experience Suna Pilates first hand. These classes may be attended in the week prior to your course.
Pilates equipment can be purchased during your courses at a 15% discount.
Graduates will have the option to purchase 10 pre-made Pilates Mat session plans. This means you can be ready to start running Suna-style Pilates classes or using Pilates in personal training sessions right away, and realise a return on your investment in your professional skill set.
Gain an internationally recognised Pilates Instructor Qualification
Our Pilates Instructor Certification Programme is widely recognised and our trainers are teaching all around the world. With Pilates, demonstrable experience and skill is more important than a piece of paper to show that you can deliver Pilates classes to a level that challenges people of all abilities and fitness levels safely. Our experience is that people who complete this Pilates Instructor course with us only need to demonstrate what they can do to prospective employers to be offered jobs anywhere in the world.