Pilates Instructor Short Course - Pilates for Pregnancy
Next Dates: 29th May, 10 July, 21 Aug, 2 Oct and 13th Nov.
Note that we have four Pilates Instructor training courses on these weekends. Grab a two course combo and save $100!
Qualification: Pilates for Pregnancy by Suna Pilates
This course is for Pilates Instructors, Fitness Trainers, Wellness Professionals and Suna Students who have completed and passed Pilates Mat Basics level 1 (preferably with Suna), who want to gain the skills required to teach enjoyable and safe Pilates workouts for pregnant clients.
Learn the stages and changes of the pregnant body and mind. Understand what happens to posture during this time and how to support your clients through great posture in pregnancy. Gain knowledge in what Pilates exercises are great during pregnancy and what should be avoided. And understand ways to include a pregnant client in a regular class
- A great way to introduce your pregnant clients to safe and exciting Pilates exercises
- Expand your client base or retain pregnant customers by adding pregnancy classes or adapting class workout variations to include pregnant clients
- Help pregnant clients retain strength, mobility and stability
Skills you will gain include:
- The knowledge of how to successfully and safely teach Pilates to pregnant women
- The comprehension of how and why Pilates can be great for health during pregnancy - and what to watch for
- The ability to apply variations to exercises you already teach so that they are suitable for pregnant women
- The ability to analyze and correct postures for pregnant women, and to know what is appropriate
- The ability to create beneficial, safe, challenging and fun sessions for women in pregnancy
- A more in-depth look at the physical needs of a pregnant body and benefits of Pilates in pregnancy
Apparatus included: Flexiband, Pilates Ball, Mat. Purchase equipment on the day and receive a 15% discount.
You need to have completed a Pilates Mat course prior to doing this course.
If you have any questions, or to ask about our next course email us now, or phone 09 489 1987.
Gain an internationally recognised Pilates Instructor Qualification
Our certification programme is widely recognised and our trainers are teaching all around the world. You should know that with Pilates, experience and skill is more important than a piece of paper to deliver classes and to do them to a level that challenges people of all abilities and fitness levels safely. If you are thinking about doing a Pilates Instructor course with us in order to work overseas, our experience has been that Suna trainers only need to demonstrate what they can do to prospective employers to be offered a job.
Testimonials from our Pilates Instructor Course Graduates
"I’m English but lived in NZ for three years and trained with Suna Pilates to be a Pilates Instructor. When I went back to England to go to Medical School I easily got a part time job at the David Lloyd Fitness Centre – they asked me to take a class for them as a trial to see what I could do and as soon as I’d finished the class they offered me a job." - Luke Anwar, England
"I worked at Suna In New Zealand for four years before going home to Canada. The training I received was fantastic – I was offered a number of jobs at boutique studios when I returned home and now I’m looking at setting up my own Pilates Studio. I’ve looked into additional Pilates courses since I got home and none of them are of the standard of training I received at Suna. I’ve been teaching in Canada for the last 9 years, and I’m in great demand as a trainer." - Lauren Olsen, Canada
"I worked at Suna in Auckland and then I moved to Queenstown and after doing a demo of one class with 3 people in it I got offered a job immediately." - Ana Tonkin, Queenstown
Find out more about Pilates Instructor Training with Suna Pilates.