Mat Pilates Essentials - Pilates Instructor Training
Globally Recognised Pilates Instructor Training Qualification
Mat Pilates Instructor Course by Suna Pilates
Courses in 2020 are on weekends and are only 20 hours each. The next weekends the courses will be running are 12th Jun, 10th Jul, 7th Aug, 4th Sept, 2nd Oct, 30th Oct, 27th Nov. Get in touch to reserve your place now. You can also do our virtual courses via zoom and if these dates
You will get a high level of personal attention over the 3 days. Find out why Pilates Instructor Training with Suna Pilates is so different. Please email us or call 021 1801 430 to book your place now.
Course times: Friday 4 - 7pm, Saturday and Sunday 8am - 5pm (30 min lunch breaks), a total 20 hours of Pilates training plus your Assessment.
With a Pilates Mat Qualification you can:
- Get employment in a Pilates studio (maybe even at Suna!)
- Use a Pilates qualification recognised around the world - take your skills with you when you travel and work globally
- Create your own Pilates mat classes and a timetable that works for your lifestyle, and teach Pilates one-on-one at home, or offer larger class groups
- Work as many or as few hours as you want, with total flexibility
- If you are a health professional, this knowledge will help you support your clients with injury prevention, rehab, strengthening specific muscle groups and better body awareness.
Once you graduate you will be able to:
- Teach fundamental Mat Pilates exercises understanding the exercises theoretically and physically
- Verbalise exercises with versatility
- Correct postures, principles and exercises effectively and safely
- Modify exercises for a given client and to teach workouts specific to a clients’ needs
- Develop the knowledge and understanding which are needed to safely teach and adjust basic level Pilates classes.
Learning modules covered in this Pilates Instructor Training course:
- Pilates Postural Principles
- Basic Mat Exercises
- Clinical Considerations
- Session Construction
- Teaching Practices
To register your interest or ask more about the this course, please email us directly or call 021 1801 430. To reserve your place, simply pay your deposit now. A non-refundable deposit is required to secure your place. Full payment must be made one week before the course begins. There are no prerequisites for you to join this course as we will teach you everything you need to know.
If you choose to add up-coming half day courses when you pay for your Mat Pilates training course, you will save on your qualifications and also increase your repertoire quickly. Our half day courses are Small Apparatus Flexiband, Small Apparatus Balls, Rehabilitation Basics and Postural Analysis.
Mat Pilates + 1 Half day course - $1295 (RRP $1345)
Mat Pilates + 2 Half day courses - $1555 (RRP $1695)
Mat Pilates + 4 half day courses - $2045 (RRP $2195)
Mat Pilates + Reformer Course - $3120 (RRP $3495)
Optional Extras with your Mat Pilates Course
Get 1 Week of Suna Pilates workouts FREE
Attend a 15 minute Suna Intro + SunaFit classes to experience Suna Pilates first hand. These classes may be attended in the week prior to your course.
Equipment: Pilates equipment can be purchased during your courses at a 15% discount.
Session plans: Graduates will have the option to purchase 10 pre-made Pilates Mat session plans. This means you can be ready to start running Suna-Style Pilates classes or using Pilates in personal training sessions right away, and realise a return on your investment in your professional skill set.
Gain an internationally recognised Pilates Instructor Qualification
Our certification programme is widely recognised and our trainers are teaching all around the world. You should know that with Pilates, experience and skill is more important than a piece of paper to deliver classes and to do them to a level that challenges people of all abilities and fitness levels safely. If you are thinking about doing a Pilates Instructor course with us in order to work overseas, our experience has been that Suna trainers only need to demonstrate what they can do to prospective employers to be offered a job.